My girls start school tomorrow! I can't even believe it!!!! It is my oldest's first day of 7th grade (which around here is 2nd year of middle school), and my baby's first day of 5th grade, which is the last year of elementary school! :-O How is that possible??? We have a super screwy schedule out here. Oldest has to leave the house by 7:10, be at school at 7:25ish (my driving, we are out of the school bus area), school starts at 7:40. I drive home, get Lu up and ready around 7:50, she and I leave around 8:35ish (again my driving), she's at school by 8:50, school starts at 9. Afternoon, I get oldest at 2:30-sometimes we drive home and I leave her here to practice her violin or we run errands. We pick up the small one at 3:40. It's a crazy day-I really don't have much time (5 1/2 hrs) in between drop off and pick up. THAT is the hardest part of the school year for me. I spend a lot of time in my car driving and waiting. :(
I'm going to miss them so much! This summer has literally just disappeared. But when I think of the the things that we got to do, it was quite a bit.
1. Chicago - the girls danced at Nationals and we loved Navy Pier. It was a mini vacation.
2. Cousin time - we got our beloved J. this summer more than any summer in the past
3. Grammy and Grandaddy time - getting to see them on a regular basis is such a blessing. They have been CO resisdents for a year now.
4. County Fair - lots of fun!
5. So much dance-summer intensive, performances....
6. The Pool!
7. Our quick mountain getaway
8. Elitch Garden - this park used to be affiliated with Six Flags but they separated in 2007. The girls, their cousin J and I all went last Monday. So much fun!
We have so many beautiful photos from all of the fun stuff that we did this summer. It makes me really sad for it to be over and have them away from me all day again. But I know it's what kids are supposed to do, and I know they enjoy their friends.